Triple Deuce Photo Publishing Instructions
Contact Steve Irvine (email@example.com) if you have any questions
You cannot directly post your pictures or albums to the Triple Deuce Website. We have set up process however to have them posted and not require you to have any special software or knowledge about webpublishing.
Here are some directions:
1. Each album can hold up to 350 Pictures (more if needed).
2. Scan photos into your computer and store them as ".jpg" files.
3. When you scan them, use at lease 200 x 200, with 300 x 300 dot per inch setting being better.
4. The pictures typically come out with odd names like "pic0001.jpg" or similar useless name.
5. Change the useless name to a short descriptive title, less that 150 characters total. (This new name will become the Picture title)
....For example change "pic00012.jpg" to "FSB Burt,1968 as we were building it.jpg"
....There is a limit of about 150 characters for this "New Name"
6. Now, many pictures are complete with the short description, however we can now accept much longer descriptions for any picture. To
add more text, include a note with your pictures. List the "New Name" of your picture as built in steps 4 and 5, then provide the additional
text next to the name (use of a table makes it easy). Additional text can be a full page long!!. Just make sure to send it electronically to Steve with your submission so he doesn't have
to retype it (because he makes typo's).
7. Zip up the files and send them to firstname.lastname@example.org (about 10 files per email)
NOTE: I highly encourage you to contact Steve and send 5 or so test pictures before you go all out. This
way we know the pictures are in the right format etc....thank you.
ALSO: Now Don't forget to send us a note about who you are...
Provide the following information (from what you remember) so we will all know a little bit more about you:
Company you were in
Platoon you were in
Squad you were in
Date you Arrived in Viet Nam, or Triple Deuce
Date you left Viet Nam or Triple Deuce
And add as much as you want to talk about regarding your tour, your friends, any names your remember,
and things like that. You can add as much as you want, there is no limit and we do not edit it.
Finally we need one picture of you for this part of the album.
8. We take the information you provide and add it behind a button in your album labeled "Who AM I".